Use search in Salesforce1 to quickly get to the data you need. You can search for Chatter people, groups, and files if Chatter is enabled, and all the objects you have access to from Salesforce1, except tasks and events.
There are three ways to search for information in Salesforce1.
- Find an item by the type of object, such as a specific contact or lead. Tap the object in the
navigation menu. This opens the object home page, where you can:
- Select a specific record from the list of recently accessed items or from a list view.
- Search in the record search box, where it says Search Object.
- Find an item by keyword search, such
as a person who could be either a contact or lead, using global search. Tap in the header to open the
global search page, where you can:
- Select a specific record from the list of recently accessed items.
- Search in the global search box.
- Search for posts, comments, hashtag topics, mentions, and files using the search box in the main feed.